BBC gives JK Rowling Free Advertising.


 There was I, watching the evening news, trouble in Syria and the like, then on comes an item about JK’s new book. A big close up of the cover on screen and an interview with the author.
Now, the cover’s pretty bright and I’m sure the book’s very good. I’m also sure the Potter series deserves all the plaudits it’s got.
But is the BBC fucking news the place for this sort of thing?
Is it news? Or just blatant promotion?
The Beeb is supposed to be impartial and everything, yet here’s a clear example of them favouring one book over the millions of others out there.
And there are millions of authors out there who’d kill for this sort of publicity. I’d personally take a two second flash of the cover of either of my books before the weather forecast.
So, BBC, in the interests of impartiality, get in touch with me and I’ll send you a jpeg of my book covers. Put either one on your news show, before the weather, even during the fucking weather, I don’t mind. Thanks.

As featured on the impartial BBC News:

As not featured on the impartial BBC News:





No comments:

Post a Comment