Changing The Name Of Your Novel

Michael Caine. Cliff Richard. That other fella. They've all changed their names and found success. So why not a book, I ask you?

It can't be a good idea, can it? Not a year after its release. In fact, it's so far from being a good idea that I can barely see it from where I'm standing here on the shoreline of Good Idea Land.

And yet I'm seriously considering doing it.

The novel in question is my debut, The Money Star.

Sales are sluggier than sluggish, and although that's not all down to the title I suspect (I was naive back then, and wrote the thing without a genre in mind, so marketing it has been tricky to say the least) the title isn't doing it any favours methinks.

The title that methinks might do it a bit more of a favour is The Diamond Rush. That's what it's about, essentially a 21st Century space version of The Gold Rush.

And the title will sit well with the current cover artwork below, so what's to lose apart from sales that I'm not getting?

Dear faithful, solitary reader, I shall let you know how I get on as soon as I get on and do it.

Wish me luck, and plenteous sales.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment