Publishing Platform Of The Year 2014: SMASHWORDS

When it comes to places to self publish books, there's a clear winner for me this year.

Smashwords has kept sales of my books ticking over nicely all year long, and all around the world.

Amazon has been disappointing. Sales have fallen off a cliff in 2014. I gave them exclusivity on my new novel A Dead Chick And Some Dirty Tricks via a KDP Select Countdown deal and the KDP Select Free Promotion.

Both bombed.

Sure, that may be because people think the book is a pile of shit. But I'm getting the feeling that Amazon is becoming a marketplace overcrowded with self-publishers like me.

The KDP Select exclusivity period on A Dead Chick ended on December 23rd and I'm already shifting more copies on Smashwords than I did in 6 months on Amazon. But let's not knock Amazon, they finish 2nd on my list, ahead of Createspace, Draft2Digital and Kobo. In that order. There's no place else I publish at the moment. GoogleBooks was just too complicated to set up.

Here's hoping that the new year brings you plenteous sales. And let me know if I'm missing out on any other self-publishing platforms.


No comments:

Post a Comment