New Children's Book Series

Like the Roald Dahl of the south (of London) I have branched out from the writing of books for adults to the penning of stories for children.

Not because I've run out of ideas for books for big people, I hasten to add. Novel #5 A Big Bluff And Some Green Stuff is still on the horizon.

I had a few ideas for children's books and wanted to see if I could make them happen.

It's been an enjoyable process that has so far yielded 8 stories of varying lengths. The books in the Is It Time Yet series even rhyme, (which is not something publishers and agents usually want to hear/read/see).

Regardless, I'm sending the stories out to publishers and agents, in what's my first concerted effort to snag an agent in a few years.

For those who are curious or with under 7s in the house, you can find the latest (5th) book in the series, Is It My Birthday Yet? here. There's no blood, guts or gore whasotever, unlike in my adult work, although some candles do get set alight and burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment